Slang refers to an informal expression. It is how the youth today communicate with each other. Millennials make up the majority of the population right now, so it can be frustrating to go through life being impervious to some of the things that they say and mean. In this article, we summarize the most popular millennial slangs in usage currently, so you too can participate in the conversation –
• Bae – “Bae” is a term of endearment and an acronym for “Before Anyone Else”. It is used to refer to one’s favorite person or significant other.
• FOMO – “FOMO” stands for Fear of Missing Out. It denotes the feeling of being socially excluded, generally from some event or gathering.
• Burn – It’s the response given to a witty insult for which an immediate comeback isn’t possible or lacking.
• Cuffing season – Basically, the colder months when one commits to a romantic relationship and may not be very keen towards it simply because they don’t want to be burdened with the effort of going out on dates with someone new.
• Lit – The word is used to describe any person/event/thing that is especially exciting.
• Woke – The quality of being socio-politically aware.